1. For anyone who doesn't know Allan Holdsworth, he is an innovator in both jazz and rock. H unique guitar textures, dexterity, as well as legato style are legendary. An inductee in Guitar Player Magazine's Hall of Fame and five-time winner in their reader's poll, he is renowned for his work with Bill Bruford, Gong, Soft Machine, and U.K. His personal work leans heavily towards the jazz side, but his breathtaking solos still wow metal, rock and improvisational fans alike.
The day before the show, on the last day of school, I sketched the drawing in my sketchbook. After the set was over, I rushed up and in less than 30 min. he signed it. Allan seems like such a quiet man. He is the epitome of the humble genius. Thanks Allan!
2. On June 19, 2010, I had to honor to see `Three Friends' perform the music of Gentle Giant at the now-abandoned- North East Art Rock Festival. Ex-Giant axeman, Gary Green the guitarist and the leader of the Three Friends is an amazingly funny man and an extremely talented guitarist. It was amazing to meet him for the second time and for him to sign my quick sketch that I did in my drawing book at school. Thanks Gary!
3. Mike Keneally ia an amazingly ex-Zappa guitarist who also is a master at the keyboards. He created the band `Beer for Dolphins,' and is in the live `Dethclok' band. One of the few musicians that can solo with guitar and keys simultaneously. An extemely kind and approacahable fellow. Thanks for signing Mike!
4. Neil Innes of `The Rutles' and `Bonzo Dog Band' signed this many years ago. For the encore, he would put a plastic duck hat on and sing- `How Sweet to be an Idiot.' Neil is considered the Seventh Python (Monty). And is an expert song-writer who can bounce between the hilarious and serious. Very nice gent. Thanks Neil.
5. Ex-heavy-weight boxer; Gerry Cooney signed this when I was teaching at McManus Middle School. Thanks Gerry!
6 This was a rushed sketch I did before goig to Chiller Theatre to get the three starts from `I Dream of Jeannie' to sign it. Wish I spent more time on it...
7. Eddie Jobson's revised line-up of legendary prog supergroup- UK, came to Nearfest, so I whipped upo a quick skecth and waited until 1am for him to sign it after the gig. Thanks Eddie!
8. Renaissance headlined the last Nearfest on Saturday. After the gig, both Annie and Michael signed it. Sadly Michael Dunford passed on a few months after the show.
9. Steve Hackett- Genesis Revsited Tour What an amazing man and musican.